The ADL project began in November 2012 and went live on April 1, 2013.
The main objectives of the site were:
- Joomla 1.5 was at end of life, so decision was made to migrate to WordPress for easier site administration by librarians, rather than migrate to Joomla 2.5
- Design a UX (user experience) that simplifies access to key content
- Fresh, contemporary look with rotating header graphics to advertise important events
- Review and refresh content
Library staff selected a commercial WordPress template that represented the features they desired. In consultation with library staff, Pro WWW Design installed a development instance of WordPress and a content strategy was developed.
While staff worked on content migration from the existing Joomla 1.5 site, Pro WWW Design
- Installed, configured and customized the template
- Provided WordPress site administrator training
- Installed Google Analytics
- Configured additional permissions solution
- Migrated and deployed the library’s 38,000 record online obituary database, to include visitor search functionality and administrator management console
United Methodist Church, North Central Jursidiction
When the North Central Jurisdiction was ready to refresh their site for the upcoming 2012 conference. we were ready to help. Working with the site administrator we developed a content strategy and deployed a WordPress installation and template on a development server.
When is was time to go live, it was Pro WWW Design to the rescue! En route to the conference, the administrator didn’t have the means to copy the site to their server, so we stepped in and took care of it for him. By the time his plane had landed, his new site was ready to go!